Friday, September 18, 2009

"Good Night, Angel. I Love You."

Since the day she was born – literally nearly every single night for the past 18 years – I have kissed my daughter as she laid sleeping in her bed and told her, “Good night, angel. I love you.” There were times I was out of town and there were times when she was away at camp or at a friend’s house. But for every night she and I shared a roof, I told her I love her.


Sami is packing for school and will be leaving this weekend for college. I recall the instant she came into the world and remember her beautiful face when she went out the door this evening. And though she was almost always asleep when I kissed her good night, I pray that no matter where she goes and what she does, she will always know. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me cry, Guida! Jill